The difference between helping or harming is INTENTION and CONTROL. This booklet is about controlling your firearm to use it safely for good. Just as there are guidelines that keep fire from burning down your house (like turning off your gas stove when done), there are guidelines to firing and storing your firearms.
Master Rules For Gun Use
1. Assume every gun is loaded, always.
2. Never point the firearm at anything you don’t intend to kill or harm.
when there are people around. Always be aware of where people are around you so that you don’t inadvertently point the gun at someone.
3. Always be sure of what lies behind and beyond your target and verify the safety of bystanders, before shooting.
4. Check to be sure that the barrel is clear of obstructions.
5. Always use dry factory-made ammunition of the proper type and caliber for your firearm.
6. What to wear when shooting.
Always wear protective eye and ear gear when shooting.
When you fire your gun, it ejects the empty casing that held the bullet. These casings are hot and can spray into the air around you and one could even land on you. If you are wearing a low-neck top (woman) for example, the casing may land on your neck and cause you to flinch or jerk your body with your gun in your hand while holding your gun. If there is another shooter standing next to you, you could inadvertently point your weapon at him or her. The same with men’s clothing, sleeveless shirts for example.
7. Never shoot at a flat surface or water.
Bullets can ricochet off hard surfaces, but also water. Always take into account possible ricochets.
Misfiring at a concrete sidewalk, wall, or even water could have the bullet hitting someone in the vicinity.
9. NEVER drink alcoholic beverages or take drugs before or during shooting.
10. NEVER fire your firearm near an animal unless it is trained to be around shooting; the sound may startle or injure the animal.
11. Clean and oil your firearm.
About Adams Arms
In a changing nation where the fastest growing markets of first-time gun owners are millennials, women and people of color, the old public impression that all gun owners has faded. Skill proficiency, adventure and empowerment are spearheading the sharp demand for firearms and ammunition, while personal and home defense continues to be a driving force. Adams Arms, headquartered in Brooksville, Florida is the face of reliable, clean, and cool AR15 firearms operation with its patented piston drive action—favorites of gun enthusiasts across the country. Known for their years of parts experience and their engineering and design prowess, their Retro-Fit system can be installed by owners or piston-action arms can be purchased new. Adams Arms’ proprietary PVD and meloniting processes and their lifetime warranty make their lineup of products dependable for years to come.
Adams Arms are there when it counts the most. Visit https://staging.adamsarms.net/